install from source: where is the documentation?

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Fri Dec 23 05:03:18 UTC 2005

2005 m. gruodis 21 d., trečiadienis 09:01, Donatas G. rašė:
> When I install programs from source using the sequence
>
> ./configure && make && sudo make install
>
> I get the programs working fine, and the binaries are in the same dirs
> as in case I install via apt-get, but I cannot access user handbooks via
> KHelp center or konqueror help:/
>
> Should I add something to ./configure string, or add some symlink
> somewhere to get documentation working?
>
> I tried it with kmymoney2, kmyfirewall, codeine....  All the same results.

Ok, I have discovered, that the documentation installed via deb packages goes
into /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en , while the documentation installed with a
source package goes to /usr/share/doc/HTML/en . I made a symlink and it
started to work.

Does anyone know it there is an option during configure to make the
documentation go into the right place?

--
Donatas Glodenis