Windeco and Style themes for Breezy (KDE 3.5)?

Scott angrykeyboarder at angrykeyboarder.com
Sun Dec 18 00:12:51 UTC 2005

The only place I know of to look for themes is http://kde-look.org.
Unfortunately the majority of the themes I want are not packaged for
Kubuntu (or Debian) or, if they are they are out of date and you wind
up with error messages about unmet dependencies if you try to install them.

The other option is to compile from source. Most of the themes on that
site have source code you can download and compile.

The problem with this is, more often than not I get errors.  Sometimes
it's in response to the "./configure" entry and other times in response
to "make".

In my latest scenario I'd downloaded activeheart-1.2.1.tar.bz2 untarred
it and tried to compile it.  "./configure" worked beautifully.

[as a side note, these stupid files almost never include a README or
INSTALL file, but at least the author gave instructions on the web site
as to what one needed to do.

The instruction was
./configure --prefix="`kde-config --prefix`
make
make install

I never got to "make install" I got a ton of error messages after I
entered "make".

But I digress.....

I've Googled "kde debian themes" "kde kubuntu themes" and found very
little.  Debian sid has a few in it's archive that Kubuntu doesn't have
yet, so I grabbed and installed those.

A few months back someone had a very nice archive that I'd added to my
sources.list file with the most currently popular KDE themes, but due to
   "user error" that sources.list file is history and I have no idea where
I  found that archive.

So, if you know of any, please speak up.

Among the themes I'm looking for

Active Heart (Windeco and Style)
Comix (Style)

--