Associating .nfo with a certain program?

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 22:30:44 UTC 2005

On Saturday 17 December 2005 04:17, Oscar wrote:
> Hello everyone :)
>
> This one has been driving me nuts for a while, since it's really simple to
> do in gnome, but not in KDE - I want to associate a file extension (.nfo)
> with a program (nfoview, you can find it on ubuntuforums.org somewhere) -
> but how? :( Every method I've tried always resulted in associating

Besides right clicking the file and selecting "Open With . . ."

You can also go to kcontrol, and open "KDE Components" -> "File Associations"
and set this up your self.

If you perform the "Open With . . " operation first you can then go set some
particulars in the next part.  For example if another app also opens those
type files you can set nfoview to be the top on the list and the others will
show up in a sub menu when you click on "Open With"

--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

Christian Books On-Line http://risenbooks.com