KDE panel crashes

Noah Dain noahdain at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 07:54:23 GMT 2005

On 12/12/05, Pascal Klein <4pascal at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 December 2005 03:23, Jeyson D. Polanco wrote:
> > Hi  every
> >
> > mi KDE Panel goes crash regulary. I use KDE 3.4.2 and do not found any
> > reason to it. Any here have the same situtation? how can i launch manually
> > the panel again?
> >

> > thanks
> I'm running KDE 3.5.0 and for a few times when I logged out, the panel
> (kicker) crashed, but it seems to be working like a charm now.
> If you kicker (the panel) crashes just press ALT + F2 to bring up the run
> command dialog and enter "kicker". Ought to do the trick. :)
> Cheers,
> Pascal Klein

I've found that persistant crashing oddities can often be resolved by
deleting some config files (under ~/.kde).  I've done this for kicker,
konq, and kmail.

maybe try moving/renaming ~/.kde/share/config/kickerrc out of the way,
if the problem persists.

Noah Dain
"Single failures can occur for a variety of reasons that have nothing
to do with a hardware defect, such as cosmic radiation ..." - IBM
Thinkpad R40 maintenance manual, page 25