Had enough (of bugs)!

Noah Dain noahdain at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 07:50:16 UTC 2005

On 12/14/05, Simon Rönnqvist <simon at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 December 2005 05:39, Lionel wrote:
> > Andy Choens wrote:
> > > I only have experience
> > > with the x86 and amd64 versions of Kubuntu.
> >
> > Likewise, I should have specified that in my post.
>
> OK, I'm happy to hear that Kubuntu does well on x86 and AMD64. I guess using
> Kubuntu on a Mac is kind of uncommon, and therefore may have more bugs.
>
>   cheers, Simon

I've had absolutely zero problems here with kubuntu/breezy on x86.
It's nice and fast too.

Actually, I did have some minor problems at first with upgrades and
config files, but those were resolved by deleting ~/.kde and starting
anew.  My experiences on gnome have been similar.

Are you sure your issues are with kde and not something lower level?
Like bad drivers of some sort, buggy X11 server, maybe?  Konqueror
shouldn't really be able to lock up and X server like that, unless
it's tripping bug internal to the X server.

SuSE is big on KDE.  Maybe they have a live cd you can try?

--
Noah Dain
"Single failures can occur for a variety of reasons that have nothing