Had enough (of bugs)!

Simon Rönnqvist simon at iki.fi
Tue Dec 13 11:14:54 UTC 2005

  Hi!

I must say I really tried to use Kubuntu (on my PowerBook). Ever since I
installed it (Breezy) it's been bloated with bugs. After waiting a couple of
months with hardly any bugs being fixed I've started to doubt my choise of
distro. (Tested a Hoary live-cd on my Mac, which also seemed a bit buggy...
even though not as much.)

Today however Konqueror first froze the whole X, I rebooted... then Kontact
wouldn't start. That was it for me... I finally did a "sudo aptitude install
ubuntu-desktop", and changed to GDM. (Using aptitude to be able to clean up
after Ubuntu once I return to Kubuntu, if I do.) Now I'm using my beloved KDE
apps from Gnome and it feels real good. ;-)

I'd love to help you beta test Kubuntu, but when there's other work to be done
one has to be pragmatical. I might come back if I notice that it's gotten
much more stable. Or if I sell my Mac and get a PC-laptop. The i386 (and
maybe AMD64) version(s) is/are less buggy, right?

  cheers, Simon