Edubuntu

Andy Choens gunksta at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 03:44:09 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, Frank Arnold <franka at svpal.org> wrote:
> I am very interested in the new Edubuntu.
> But I caan find no live iso to download and burn.
> Anyone know when one may be available?
> Frank Arnold

I don't know about the Iso's, but since you are on this list, I assume
you have kubuntu installed on something.  I would suggest one of 2
options rather than downloading the entire iso, if you're only going
to do one install.

Go to the machine you are planning on installing edubuntu onto.  Open
up your favorite terminal and:
sudo apt-get install edubuntu-desktop

And, you're one password away from having all of the edubuntu goodness.

If you're going to do a fresh install, just use your kubuntu cd, but
do a server install.  Then use apt-get to install the desktop as I
mentioned before.  This might sound like a headache, but since you'd
only be downloading the files for the desktop, it should actually be
faster, since you're not downloading near as much.

That's my two cents.  Feel free to give me change if it doesn't work for you!

--andy