Failure of wireless LAN USB adapter

Merv Curley mcurley at eol.ca
Thu Dec 8 13:01:43 UTC 2005

On Thursday 08 December 2005 09:44, Seongjoo Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a difficulty with setting up wireless LAN USB adapter.
> Ubuntu works just fine with other non-USB wireless LAN card. Does
> anybody know how I can set up WLAN adapter? I hope I don't need to
> replace my WLAN card. Thanks.
>
> Coolest wishes,
> Brooklyn

You may have to.

Check out the utility  ndiswrapper to use windows drivers for some
cards.  There is a site out there showing compatibility of many cards
but I don't have the URL on this computer.  Manufacturers are forever
changing chips and not changing model or Version numbers.  I just
found a line of cheap USB adaptors which have Linux drivers available
from the mfgr.  I might just try one out even tho it isn't needed.

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont.Can

Linux    Suse 10