[kubuntu-users] New kubuntu based distro

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 7 00:50:45 UTC 2005

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 09:40:07PM +0000, AgarFu wrote:
> We are working at La Laguna University trying to create a new live distro
> based on kubuntu. The difference between our version and the official one is
> that our distro could be installed.
>
> We are using metadistros (http://metadistros.hispalinux.es) and
> ubuntu-express, but we are analizing the front-end written in gtk to port it
> to pyQt or pyKDE.
>
> If you want to give it a try, the iso is here:
> http://ssl.ull.es/ssl/files/distros/ull-linux-200511241308.iso
> http://ssl.ull.es/ssl/files/distros/ull-linux-200511241308.md5
>
> This is the post on our portal (it is written in spanish):
> http://ssl.ull.es/node/38
>
> If you want to launch the instalation process, just execute "ubuntu-express"
>
> This is an alpha release, but you can help us reporting bugs related to the
> start and install procceses.
>
> thx to all, and sorry for my awful english.

It's really exciting to have people make derived distributions of
Kubuntu like this.  The server seems to be down at the moment so I
can't try it out.

As I explained to your colleague work will begin soon on
kubuntu-express and it would be great to have any help with coding and
testing that.  Do pop onto IRC as it tends to be the best way to talk
about development.

Jonathan