kmail (and evolution)

Steve Turnbull steve.turnbull at yhgfl.net
Tue Dec 6 09:13:22 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 02:42, Jon Towne wrote:
> Hi:  I've been using kde 3.5 and kmail 1.9 in my Kubuntu breezy  and kmail
> just developed a freeze up whenever I delete messages in inbox, not
> permanently, but for a few minutes.  I reinstalled it without avail so I
> installed evolution and discovered it won't delete messages either although
> it doesn't freeze just a line across the message without being deleted.  I
> don't know how they could be related.  Kmail can at times be buggy.  Jon

If you highlight all messages and then press delete, KMail doesn't 'delete'
the mail, it just moves it to your local Trash, which can take time if you
have a lot of mail. If you want to directly delete the mail, try highlighting
the messages and doing 'Shift --> Delete' This should be a great deal
faster...

Don't know with Evolution though, but probably something similar...

Steve

--
Steve Turnbull

Digital Content Developer
YHGfL Foundation

e steve.turnbull at yhgfl.net
t 01724 275 030

The YHGfL Foundation Disclaimer can be found at:
http://www.yhgfl.net/foundation-services/yhgfl-email-disclaimer/