NFS mount is slow

James Gray james at
Sat Dec 3 00:31:47 GMT 2005

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 10:31, Rama Krishna wrote:
> hi all,
> i am trying to mount NFS sharing volume on my ubuntu mechine.
> when i gave the command  "sudo mount -t nfs /music",
> it will take couple minutues for mounting filesystem.
> anybody tell me the solution.

Do you have portmapper running?
sudo apt-get install portmap

Make sure portmap is running ("ps -ef| grep portmap", if it's not running
the "sudo /etc/init.d/portmap start") then try the NFS mount again.  You
may also want to add "bg" to the mount options to background after the
first failed attempt - this will save you sitting around for ages until the
mount finally gives up.  "man 5 nfs" for details :)

Mais perdido que cusco em procissão.