New user questions regarding the Mozilla Suite

J. Michael Morse mmorse757 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 20 17:26:32 UTC 2005

I just installed Kubuntu 5.04, erasing my Fedora installation
that I had been using the the last couple of years.  So far,
I like it.  It seems to run much faster.

I have only one minor issue.  I cannot seem to install
mozilla-mailnews via kynaptic. It doesn't show up in
kynaptic at all.  What does show up is mozilla-browser,
which I did install with no probelms.  However, the mail
and news functions are not installed

If I use apt-get, mozilla-mailnews shows up, but when I
try to install it, I get a message stating the package
is obsolete and has been replaced with mozilla-browser.

I have mozilla-browser installed and it works fine. How
can I get the mail & news portion installed?

PS - I know firefox is available, but I want to continue
to use the Mozilla Suite.

Thanks

Michael