Missing Shutdown and Reboot on Kubuntu. Installed from ubuntu.

Craig Matsuura cmatsuura at control4.com
Tue Aug 16 14:58:36 UTC 2005

I need to figure out how to restore my Shutdown, reboot options on the
kde logout.  I only have close session.  The kde setup has reboot and
shutdown enabled on the sesion manager setup page.

I upgrade to kubuntu from ubuntu.  Mainly because I like KDE and my
laptop no-longer is a fire hazard (gnome likes to run my cpu at 100% all
the time).

What I really need help on is restore the shutdown and reboot options in
kde.  I instahhed the kubuntu-desktop and everything seemed to go
smooth.  However once I logged into my user on kde and then proceeded to
logout I only had an option to close session.

While on gnome I did install kdevelop and kcontrol.  Does anyone know
the correct setup file I can edit to fix the logout?  I tried all the
settings in the Session manger.  I reconfigured several times to use
kdm.  I removed gdm.  I have tried everything I can think of besides
reinstalling kde.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig
--
Control4

*Craig Matsuura* | Senior Software Engineer
*Control4*
11734 South Election Road
Salt Lake City, UT 84020
United States