Erro de autenticação no kppp (Authentication error in kppp)

Dripple dripple2 at laposte.net
Wed Aug 10 08:14:35 UTC 2005

Here is english translation :

Hi guys,

I have Ubutnu 5.04 installed and I have problems to connect to the wbe
via modem (Smartlink). The modem is already configured and works well,
but when I connect to any provider, pppd (I use kppp frontend) returns
the error that follows :

Aug  8 00:18:26 localhost pppd[8530]: The remote system is required to
authenticate itself
Aug  8 00:18:26 localhost pppd[8530]: but I couldn't find any suitable
secret (password) for it to use to do so.
Aug  8 00:18:26 localhost pppd[8530]: (None of the available passwords
would let it use an IP address.)

What's happening ? What do I have to configure ? Independent of the
provider dial, pppd always returns this error.

Thanks in advance.

Hugs.

Rodolfo Reis
Campinas, SP - BRASIL