Can't enter "Administrator Mode" in Control Center

Ian Rose ian at themagictree.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 14:40:31 UTC 2005

Donatas G. wrote:

>However - this is a question for developers - will these kinds of
>problems - the uselessness of "Administrator mode" button -  be worked
>out in the future? We all know we can have workarounds, but it is quite
>annoying...

There is an interview with Jonathon Riddell, (lead?) developer of
Kubuntu, here: http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20050801#interview
in which he states :

"Other significant problems have included a beastie in KControl stopping
you from using administrator rights, this is a general problem with KDE
but seems to occur more frequently because of our sudo changes; Kopete
was also caught out by a change in MSN's protocol which Gaim was
fortunate enough to not be affected by. These are the sort of issues
which happen to all distributions, but I am aiming for 100% bug free in
Kubuntu Breezy :)"

Ian