Transparent background windows and drop shodows etc...

Sebastian Kügler sebas at vizZzion.org
Mon Apr 11 22:47:43 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 00:25, Senectus . wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2005 4:52 PM, J.Tarot <j.tarot at tecsas.fr> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Le lundi 11 avril 2005 à 04:26 +0800, Senectus . a écrit :
> > > Some time a few "late nights ago" I somehow managed to turn on
> > > drop shadows, transparent background windows and a neat trick
> > > where only the current highlighted window is lit up and all other
> > > windows are "greyed" out..
> >
> > Would you share the docs/pointers you followed to configure those
> > sexy params ?
>
> Heh.. the only bits i remember are adding this to your
> /etx/X11/xorg.conf Section "Extensions"
> Option "Composite" "Enable"
> EndSection
>
> I can't remember how i did the rest :-P thats part of the problem.. I
> don't know how to undo it 0.o

I kcontrol, try Desktop -> Windows Behaviour -> Translucency, all the
Composite related options are there.

sebas
--
  http://vizZzion.org   |   GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9
You can't go around building a better world for people. Only people can