Suspend to ram

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 28 09:18:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:25:20 +1200
Bill Christiansen <bill.christiansen at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

BC> I'm just a bit puzzled why suspend to ram has stopped working. It
BC> was working  with this laptop on Ubuntu and on my first install of
BC> Kubuntu but after doing  a re-install of Kubuntu when I run kdesu
BC> /etc/acpi/sleep.sh and it goes to  sleep as normal with just one led
BC> left blinking but only half wakes up  (screen stays black) and most
BC> keys don't seem to do anything. I'm forced to  turn it off by
BC> holding the power switch for several seconds. I checked the  options
BC> in acpi-support and also tried re-intalling acpi-support with no
BC> change. Suspend to disk is still working the same as it was before.

I'm not really sure but on the PowerPC platform, there does seem to be a
nasty interaction between udev or hal and suspend to ram. This isn't
confined to Ubuntu, but I thought it was PPC-specific.

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |