ext3 and Reiserfs (was Re: Some of my Kubuntu-Hoary tweaks )

Martin J Hooper martinjh at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 06:57:12 UTC 2005

Jose Gomez-Dans wrote:
> But isn't the new user suppossed to just choose the automatic
> partitioning tool? From my experience having to repartition the hard
> drive (swap? wuzzat?) is far more traumatic than accepting the
> defaults. At any rate, either ext3, xfs or reiser are very mature file
> systems, not resulting in problems. I think that there are more
> pressing problems than file systems :)
>
> Jose

But in that case shouldn't the default for the partitioner be something
other than "use the whole disc" ?

Maybe an option to use the free unpartitioned space or something like that?

I always use the manual option as I want to make sure a) I dont wipe out
my windows partition and b) to not format my home partition.