Repositories(?)

Abdullah Ramazanoglu ar018 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 03:55:28 UTC 2005

begin  Irena and Richard Jenkins dedi ki:
  --8<--

> One question: what changes should I make to the locations of repositories
> to extend my machine?  I intend using Kynaptic ... so I will need to
> change/update/improve the list of repositories in my conf file.

Edit the sources.list file via,
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list (or "sudo kwrite...")

- Comment out all deb-src lines (suggestion)

- Find the line that approximately says:
 # deb http://tr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary universe
and change it to (both uncomment and do addition) :
 deb http://tr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary universe multiverse
(site name part will be different for you, but the rest should be same)

- In kynaptic do "Refresh package information".

Now you should be able to see also packages from universe and multiverse.
(PPC versions, ofcourse :)

Best regards,
--
Abdullah Ramazanoglu