Workaround for Konqueror crashes

Abdullah Ramazanoglu ar018 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 16:06:04 CDT 2005

Hi,

I've noticed that if I only open a Konq/Web window and open Konq/FM,
media:/, trash:/ etc. as tabs along with normal www tabs under this sole
Konq/Web window, it doesn't crash anymore. I've also tried this with
navigation panel (F9) open for a day, it still didn't crash.

Anyway, due to bugzilla bug #8640 Konq/FM opens as a new tab under Konq/Web
and there's no way to obtain a separate Konq/FM window, except closing all
Konq instances, opening first a Konq/FM window, and then Konq/Web window.
And the moment Konq/FM crashes you're again on square one.

So, this workaround seemed to circumvent both these issues for me. FWIW.

Regards
--
Abdullah Ramazanoglu
aramazan ÄT myrealbox D0T cöm