my experience trying to listen to streaming

Raphael Bauduin rblists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 15:45:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

here are the problems I encounter when I want to listen to a stream
from this page:
http://internetradio.vrt.be/nolinux.html?qsbrand=11
and more specifically
http://internetradio.vrt.be/dab/hoeluisteren/pc/help/gebruiksvoorwaarden/stream_11.m3U

When clicking on the link, it proposes to save, open with amarok, or cancel.
I open with Amarok, but amarok doesn't ever give any sound....
An annoying thing is that I can't, by clickin on the link, choose
another multimedia app to open the link with (kaffeine eg).

what I need to do is download the m3u, open an editor, edit the file,
and copy the first URL, start kaffeine, and file -> open url.

When I click on the link in firefox, it proposes either to "save it"
or "open with ....", but no default app.

Raph