I can't change kdm login screen or splash screen

Frederik Dannemare frederik at dannemare.net
Tue Apr 12 11:58:34 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 05:11, Larry Grover wrote:
> Is there a trick to changing the kdm login screen, or the kde
> start-up splash screen?  I've tried to change both using kcontrol
> (administrator mode for the kdm login screen), but the changes I make
> don't stick:  when I log out I see the same old kubuntu login screen
> and when I log in I see the kde 3.4 splash screen.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Maybe the system-wide /etc/kderc calls the kubuntu splash which
overrides then your personal settings (but that should really not
happen? a user's personal settings in .kde will always be checked
first, right?).

Heh, seems I asked more question than I gave answers :)

B/R,
--
Frederik Dannemare | http://sentinel.dk | http://linuxworlddomination.dk
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Frederik+Dannemare