Important for hoary: Can you confirm Bug #8681?

Abdullah Ramazanoglu ar018 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 03:00:04 UTC 2005

Abdullah Ramazanoglu wrote:

> I seem to recall that it was working, though, on the fresh install. IIRC
> the only change I've done is that I've now installed Firefox and some
> unrelated package upgrades such as xorg fonts and i18n/l10n related ones.

I think I've found something. At the fresh install kcontrol => Regional &
Accesibility => Country/Region & Lang was set for Country="C", nevertheless
the environment was in Turkish (IIRC). I had changed this to "Turkey" (just
changed the country and left the rest to defaults). This is the culprit.
Now I've again changed the country back to "C" and kcontrol Admin mode
started to work correctly again.

--
Abdullah Ramazanoglu
aramazan ÄT myrealbox D0T cöm