Problems with the soundcard settings

Carl waldbie at verizon.net
Mon Apr 4 05:03:32 UTC 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 11:59 pm, Lab Administrator wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have some problems with my soundcard settings. The midi sound is
> not working.
>
> Config options: 0
>
> Installed drivers:
> Type 10: ALSA emulation
>
> Card config:
> Intel 82801DB-ICH4 with STAC9750/51 at 0xc0000c00, irq 4
>
> Audio devices:
> 0: Intel 82801DB-ICH4 (DUPLEX)
>
> Synth devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG
>
> Midi devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG
>
> Timers:
> 7: system timer
>
> Mixers:
> 0: SigmaTel STAC9750/51
>

> Has anybody a solution how I can get this working??
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Holger

I have actually always had a lot of trouble getting kmid to work (on Mandrake
as well as Ubuntu).  I had it working at one time under Warty by following a
HOWTO someone on the foroms had written, but as soon as I upgraded to Hoary,
it stopped working again.  Eventually, I just installed Timidity++ with the
Ultimate soundfonts some nice fellow put together, and I use that to play my
midi files.  I think the sound quality is a little nicer that way, though it
is less integrated into the desktop.

If you find a way to get kmid working, I would be happy to hear the
explanation.

Carl Waldbieser