Upgrade Notifications for Kubuntu and Ubuntu Studio

Erich Eickmeyer eeickmeyer at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 8 16:41:23 UTC 2022

On Thursday, September 8, 2022 3:28:46 AM PDT Harald Sitter wrote:
> https://invent.kde.org/system/distro-release-notifier may help

Thanks, Harald! I'm working on a package for this now. I wonder why it never
got packaged as I don't see anything resembling it in the archives? Either
way, this needs to be packaged yesterday. I might try to get this into Kinetic
with an FFe if it works.

It doesn't, however, solve the problem with the package autoremoval feature
that Discover lacks and Update Manager gives. I guess this would be a feature
request in the upstream KDE Discover bugzilla. It's a "nice-to-have" and not
quite as high priority as a whole Ubuntu/Distro Release Notification.

Thanks, this is at least a lead in the KDE direction. I'd just like to see
what kind of options we have from the Ubuntu side as well since I'd expect
Ubuntu, as our main community, to be our #1 advocates and supporters.
--
Erich Eickmeyer
Project Leader - Ubuntu Studio