Serious bug for Kubuntu Focus

Mike Mikowski mike.mikowski at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 18:03:50 UTC 2019

Hi Everyone:

Here is the show stopper bug
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1855178> that
prevented us from using 19.10 on Kubuntu Focus. Simply put, the CPU runs
hot and heavy all the time. Geekbench scores and other benchmarks tank
(e.g. get cut in half!). It *appears* to affect all i7-9750H / i7-8750H
processors based testing (extensive, but with only two laptop models). And
it certainly appears to be a kernel governor issue.

Does anyone know how we might escalate this? Could anyone corroborate our
findings and add to the ticket?  Currently, we have 12 laptops effected by
this bug. I'd hate to see it migrate to 20.04LTS.  We want to upgrade the
Kubuntu Focus laptop to that as soon as it becomes available.

Sincerely, Mike