[Kubuntu-council] Kubuntu Council Elections 2019 - Call for Nominations

Rick Timmis ricktimmis68 at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 19 18:30:27 UTC 2019

Dear Kubuntu friends

I have decided that I would like to stand for another term on the Kubuntu
Council, and I hope that you will consider supporting me

Best Wishes
Rick

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 at 04:27, Valorie Zimmerman <
valorie-zimmerman at kubuntu.org> wrote:

> Super to hear that Rik and Aaron will be standing again. Please feel free
> to mention what you do in Kubuntu and what you plan for the next while
>
> Rick Timmis, are you standing again, I hope?
>
> I'm going to be very busy the next few week with preparing for and
> attending Akademy. Is anyone available to run the vote? Rik and Aaron can't
> do it, obviously! It would be great for someone new to step up.
>
> Valorie
>
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 10:11 AM Rik Mills <rikmills at kubuntu.org> wrote:
>
>> I can confirm that I will also be standing for another term.
>>
>> On 07/08/2019 10:33, Rik Mills wrote:
>> > Hello Kubuntu community!
>> >
>> > The terms for the following Council members are due to expire on the 1st
>> > September 2019:
>> >
>> > Aaron Honeycutt
>> > Rick Timmis
>> > Rik Mills
>> >
>> > I hereby call for nominations for the Kubuntu Council to elect three (3)
>> > members and hope that  Aaron Honeycutt, Rick Timmis, Rik Mills will
>> > continue to serve until we have the names of the new Council members.
>> >
>> > I will update the Kubuntu Calendar to reflect these new dates.
>> >
>> > The term is for two years, spanning 1st September 2019 to 1st September
>> > 2021.
>> >
>> > As in the past, the election will be conducted using CIVS (Condorcet
>> > Internet Voting Service) - http://www.cs.cornell.edu/andru/civs.html
>> and
>> > the top three ranking vote recipients will be elected.
>> >
>> > Schedule:
>> >
>> > Nomination period: Now to the 24th August 2019
>> > Ballot Preparation: 23rd August to the next day
>> > Voting Period: 24th August 31st August
>> > End Poll/Results Announced: 31st August
>> > New Term Begins: 1st September 2019
>> >
>> > This schedule shortens all the time-lines compared to our usual 2
>> > months, so please nominate yourselves or others quickly.
>> >
>> > A volunteer Kubuntu Member is also now required to conduct the actual
>> poll.
>> >
>> > The above deadlines may be subject to minor revision, and a follow up
>> > email will give details if this is so. However, nominations open NOW so
>> > please be as prompt as possible.
>> >
>> > Please mention what you would like to accomplish within the Kubuntu
>> > project (Why people should vote for you)
>> >
>> > Eligibility:
>> >
>> > All Kubuntu Members ( https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-members/+members )
>> > are eligible to be nominated and to vote. If you have a public email
>> > address in Launchpad, you need take no further action to receive your
>> > voting ballot. If you do not have a public email address, please contact
>> > me off-list with the address you'd like your ballot sent to, otherwise
>> > you will be unable to vote.
>> >
>> > Nominations:
>> >
>> > All Kubuntu members are eligible. The Kubuntu Council is intended to
>> > represent all of the Kubuntu community. Applications from involved
>> > non-developers are encouraged. If you are nominating someone else,
> [...]

Best Wishes

Rick

*For additional info, social, blog and contact details drop by my website.*

       *ricktimmis.com* <http://www.ricktimmis.com>