plasma browser integration failure to connect to host (chrome)

Rik Mills rikmills at kubuntu.org
Tue Sep 11 22:30:46 UTC 2018

On 11/09/18 22:33, Dale Trombley wrote:
> I have plasma-browser-integration package installed and the
> plasma-browser-integration extension on chrome. I keep getting
> plasma-browser-integration has failed to connect to host. I have a bug
> report for it
> here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-browser-integration/+bug/1790934
>
> It works in firefox as far as I can see or have tried.
>

> --
>
> /Truck driver, Linux Tech, Webmaster, and Web Admin.
> Volunteer Kubuntu Linux Development Tester/

1) Did you follow the readme in?

/usr/share/doc/plasma-browser-integration/README.Debian

2) If you did, you might notice that it instructs you to make a symlink to

/usr/share/plasma-browser-plugin/chrome/native-messaging-hosts/org.kde.plasma.browser_integration.json

however, the package actually installs the file you are trying to
symlibnk to to

/usr/share/plasma-browser-integration/chrome/native-messaging-hosts/org.kde.plasma.browser_integration.json

so the readme is either in error, or the destination folder the package
installs that to was specified wrongly.

if you substitute in the correct path in the readme instructions, I
think all should work?

Rik