Kubuntu Bionic: graphical slowdown after installing recent updates

Matt Ruffalo matt.ruffalo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 13:14:30 UTC 2018

Hi Rik-

Thanks a lot for the additional information -- I wasn't sure whether
this was a transient issue which would work itself out with newer
package versions (like you described), or something that needed
developer attention ASAP to keep this problem from making its way into
the final release.

I ran 'apt update; apt full-upgrade' again, saw that there were some
newer versions of mesa-related packages which would be installed (in
addition to libegl1 and such), and took my chances with installing these
updates. After rebooting, everything is fine: full graphical performance.

Thank you again,
MMR...