Fwd: Kubuntu website requests

Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN ovidiu.b13 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 19:26:58 UTC 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: 4shared <4shared at telus.net>
Date: 2018-04-10 0:31 GMT+03:00
Subject: Kubuntu website requests
To: Kubuntu website <jriddell at ubuntu.com>
Cc: Kubuntu website <ovidiu-florin at kubuntu.org>

Hi Jonathan,

1.
Would it be possible to change the regular text on your web pages to black
rather than the current gray text on the white background?  I find it very
difficult to read and I suspect many other people might find it frustrating
as well.  You currently use a larger black text for headings to make them
stand out but if all text where black, the headings would still stand out
due to their larger size.

2.
Would it be possible to provide a link on your download page to another
page at your website with GPG verification information.  Many Linux distros
do this, and VeraCrypt as well.

Some directions and various files such as *SUMS, *SUMS.gpg, the name of the
public key, “Ubuntu CD Image Automatic Signing Key (2012)” and the primary
key fingerprint of 8439 38DF 228D 22F7 B374  2BC0 D94A A3F0 EFE2 1092 would
be quite helpful for those that want to download the public key and verify
the checksum files and the ISO.  That is, GPG verification in addition to
the checksum hash verification.

Thanks for considering these requests.

Love Kubuntu -- great job!  Looking forward to 18.04 later this month.

Bill