kubuntu-devel Digest, Vol 147, Issue 3 (Default desktop containement settings for 17.04 (plasma 5.9)

Paul Loughman snowhg at icloud.com
Sun Mar 5 16:17:23 UTC 2017

While it may seem superficial to many; especially those of us who are used to and have used/worked with Kubuntu / KDE / Plasma for a long time (myself included); what the Desktop looks like is very important to new users, even more so than functionality. We hear this a lot on our Forum.

As to the discussion here: If there are to be ANY icons on the default Desktop (whether it be Folder View or otherwise), they all must WORK. Period. I don't know why that isn't self evident or is even being discussed. If they don't work or can't be made to work, don't include them. Period.

You only get one chance to make that first impression, and anything that affects that impression negatively needs to be avoided.

--
Paul O. Loughman

Sent from my iPad