Plasma 5.9.3 drops in Zesty - Important note

Aaron Honeycutt honeycuttaaron3 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 21:34:29 UTC 2017

I agree on some of those but...

Dolphin
Firefox
Konversation
Discover
Kate
Konsole
System settings

On Mar 3, 2017 12:12 PM, "Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN" <ovidiu.b13 at gmail.com>
wrote:

Let's use the voting platform to vote for these apps. The one that we use
to vote for the council.

My initial proposal of apps and order is:

Firefox
Dolphin
Kate
System settings
Discover
Konsole
LibreOffice Writer
LibreOffice Calc

Pe 3 mar. 2017 18:38, "Clive Johnston" <clivejo at kubuntu.org> a scris:

> Yesterday, Plasma 5.9.3 migrated from proposed into the archive, but there
> is one important note I wanted to let everyone know about.
>
> Plasma 5.9.3 was uploaded with a small patch which upstream have made in
> 5.10 to enable Folder View by default [1]
>
> Rik cherry-picked the commit [2] and patched Plasma 5.9.3 which he then
> uploaded along with a new version of kubuntu-settings [3] We have moved
> kubuntu-settings from bzr to git and removed the patch which allowed the
> installer icon to be displayed in a folder containment.
>
> I must say the screen-shot [4] of the Live ISO this morning really does
> look a lot better, and made me smile.  Well done Rik for noticing this and
> fixing a papercut that has been annoying me/us for a couple of years now!
>
> In addition, while we are tinkering with the kubuntu-settings, I would
> like to have a default list of applications on the default kick off menu in
> Zesty.  There are 10 "slots", but the question is, what do we add.
>
> Could anyone suggest a way of deciding this, with too much bike-shedding
> please?
>
> Clive
>
> [1] - https://blogs.kde.org/kde-project/kde-general
> [2] - https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-desktop.git/commit/?id=151bfb728