Kubuntu Automation 2.0 released

Clive Johnston clivejo at kubuntu.org
Wed Jun 7 09:35:40 UTC 2017

As someone who was very sceptical regarding the WIP KA tooling, and threw a
number of temper tantrums when the tooling didn't work as expected, I must
say very well done and thank-you all for your hard work.  I can honestly
say the new tools really do make the process a lot smoother and easier to
understand.  The new graph tools are a huge help in visualising the status
of our huge package sets.  I also love the small fixes such as the sorting
on the status pages submitted by Ovi One and the fixes Darin added to allow
certain tools to be overridden to run in non-standard git branches and all
the other fixes which just make the tooling more flexible and versatile.

The next stage, in my opinion is to get the tooling fully documented and
put that somewhere accessible for people to learn the process.  If we can
encourage new packagers to contribute, this takes the pressure off the
handful of people currently doing the majority of the work "behind the
scenes" so to speak.

I wonder could we try and get the Dojo's up and running again.

Thanks again for all the hard work,
Clive