KDE PIM in Proposed for a month

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 21:11:51 UTC 2017

Greetings Release Team,

I'm writing as the Kubuntu Release Manager this cycle, and a newbie at
the job. I see from looking at
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/artful/+queue?queue_state=0&queue_text=&memo=28&start=28
that all of our PIM packages are waiting in Proposed since May 2 when
Rohan uploaded them.

They are just splits from existing source packages, so we're a bit
puzzled as to why they've been waiting so long. We understand that the
release team and archive admins are very busy in the light of recent
events, but feel that packages spending over 1 month in the new queue
is not great for our developers, community or ubuntu.

We'd very much like our users to be able to use and test PIM in Artful
even in advance of Alpha 1.

Thanks so much for your consideration.

Valorie

--