Call for testing: Qt 5.9

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57 at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 18 20:33:57 UTC 2017

Dear Kubuntuers,

As you may already know, I am preparing the Qt 5.9 transition in a PPA [1].

Now it got to the point when we are mostly ready for publishing it into
the main Ubuntu archive, but I would like to gather some feedback first
and make sure everything works fine with that version.

If you are running Artful and have some time for testing it, please add the
PPA, test the desktop and your favourite Qt/KDE applications, and report
any regressions to me.

  $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ci-train-ppa-service/2819
  $ sudo apt update
  $ sudo apt full-upgrade

I would like to land it to archive this week, but it is currently blocked
by Ubuntu Touch packages removal, so I am not yet sure about the exact dates.

[1]: https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-service/+archive/ubuntu/2819/+packages

--
Dmitry Shachnev