Hi, I'm new here (and also Canonical's new point of contact on the KDE advisory board)

Gerry Boland gerry.boland at canonical.com
Mon Jul 10 18:13:03 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,
I need to introduce myself as I'm new to this community: I'm Gerry, from
Ireland, and have been an engineer with Canonical for over 5 years now.
I started out on the Unity2d desktop at first (Qt4 + QML1), before
moving to start the Ubuntu phone project, first on its UI toolkit, then
moving to working on Unity8 and Mir (Qt5 & QML2).

Now that Unity is no more, I'm happy to say I'm back to using KDE as my
desktop again - which I was using long before I joined Canonical. I've
Qt deep in my soul at this stage too.

I've volunteered to be a helping hand to this community in any way I
can. If you need someone inside Canonical to do something for you, from
sponsoring packages to bug digging, please contact me and I'll help, or
get the right person to help.

I'm also Canonical's Point of Contact on KDE's Advisory Board. I'm not
sure what that entails yet, but I'm attending Akademy in a few weeks so
should to learn what I can do to help. I hope to meet some of you folk
there too!

To get in touch with me, you can
- just email me: gerry.boland at canonical.com
- ping me on IRC: "greyback" is my nick, I'll be lurking on #kubuntu-devel

Are there other places I should hang out? Other IRC channels,
Slack/Telegram groups, etc?

Thanks for your attention, and looking forward to helping out!
Cheers
-Gerry