upgrade xenial -> bionic

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Thu Dec 28 13:26:26 UTC 2017

Hi,

here is a little feedback. I have just upgraded my old i386 laptop from
xenial to bionic. The upgrade worked without any issues. So far
everything I have tested after the reboot works well. Even the desktop
layout was preserved.

There is just one tiny bit which I suppose will be sorted later. When I
log in via SSH, I get this message:

| Welcome to Ubuntu Bionic Beaver (development branch) (GNU/Linux
| 4.13.0-17-generic i686)
[...]
| Your Hardware Enablement Stack (HWE) is supported until April 2019.

This last line looks a bit strange because there shouldn't be a HWE
stack included in the new release.

Anyway, THANK YOU for the great new Kubuntu version.

Nils