KDE PIM update for Zesty available for testers

Rik Mills rikmills at kubuntu.org
Fri Apr 21 08:40:15 UTC 2017

Thank you for the feedback.

As per the instructions on the website, could you please try with:

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

or

sudo apt full-upgrade

The output I would expect, including intended package removals, is shown
in the paste below.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/24425524/

However, on your aptitude output.

On 21/04/17 08:44, Martin van Es wrote:

> aptitude suggests to remove 7 packages, of which knotes is one.This
> is because knotes has both version 16.04.3 and 16.12.3 of kdepim-doc
> in the breaks and replaces dependancies. Like I said, I'm not an
> expert, but it seems strange for knotes 16.12.3 to have a break
> dependancy on kdepim-doc 16.12.3?

It is just a breaks/replaces on any version as we want to get rid of
that transitional package. Hence, yes the 16.12.3 one is superfluous,
but does no harm.

Removing knotes is not something I see.

> In some sort of same way kdepim-runtime breaks kdepimkio-plugins
> 16.04.3 but here the solution isn't so obvious other than removing
> kdepimkio-plugins.

kdepimlibs-kio-plugins is meant to be removed

> Another circle:
> libkf5messagecomposer5 depends on kf5-messagelib-data and resolving
> this leads to a circle, unless I remove libkf5messagecomposer5
> completely. The same holds for libkf5messagecore5, libkf5messagelist5,
> libkfmessageviewer5 and libkf5mailcommon5. They are all 16.04.3
> versions so I assume it's safe to remove them?

Those libs again are meant to be removed and replaced with renamed ones.