[Kubuntu-council] Kubuntu 17.04 Planning Meeting

Valorie Zimmerman valorie-zimmerman at kubuntu.org
Tue Oct 11 22:57:33 UTC 2016

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Simon Quigley <tsimonq2 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I think it would be good to have a planning meeting for Kubuntu 17.04 to
> ensure that everything goes smoothly and as planned and to discuss what we
> can learn from 16.10.
>
> I created a Doodle poll here: http://doodle.com/poll/q4pp89ra6b2yhy78
>
> I created an agenda here: https://community.kde.org/Kubuntu/ZPlanningMeeting
>
> Ideally the active members of the development team, the council, and anyone
> else who is an active member of the Kubuntu team would attend.
>
> I feel like this shouldn't go in the Ubuntu Online Summit because it's
> nearly a month after 16.10 is released, and that's valuable time that we can
> use to complete various items.
>
> Let me know what you think!
>
> --
> Simon Quigley

Hey Simon, I think this is a great idea, just slightly jumping the
gun. At this point, I'm seeing a lot of people just gutting out the
necessary work, and we're all getting tired. The release team seems to
be driving themselves there as well.

How about giving ourselves a week to recover? Meanwhile, I've been
looking at some Trello cards, and trying to update them. I suggest
that if each of us has a bit of time and energy, we pick a Trello card
and move the task along as we are able.

The items in the agenda seem very reasonable, and I hope that people
will add their names next to items they plan to take responsibility
for.

If we meet sometime next week, perhaps we can discuss things in a
cheerful and positive way, and get Z off to a great start. I've been
running Yakkety since it opened for development, and so far it is the
best system I've ever run in my life. Stable, powerful, beautiful.
It's a great base for the Z improvements, in my opinion.

All the best,

Valorie