Display a "Welcome to Kubuntu" on first boot

Rik Mills rikmills at kubuntu.org
Thu Nov 10 16:16:11 UTC 2016

I certainly like the idea of giving users a starting place to signpost
them post install on first run.

Just being presented with a default desktop is very clean, but a
somewhat 'what now? how do I get help etc' moment for many new or
returning linux/KDE/kubuntu users.

Would be ideal in QML etc, but for now I would say we have to manage our
coding expectations with a bit of realism based on the skills we have in
the  team. We can learn and work towards more ideal solutions in the
meantime.

Rik