Display a "Welcome to Kubuntu" on first boot

Clive Johnston clivejo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:16:01 UTC 2016

ah I was unaware this was a policy.

The discussion was about how to engage more with our users and to try and get
more people to contribute.  It was pointed out how Linux Mint do it and it
might be a factor in how they seem to be very successful at creating and
sustaining a community (#1 on http://distrowatch.com/) .

I do feel that Kubuntu is in a different place now to when the policy was
originally drawn up, but I'm not going to waste time on something no-one
wants.

Thanks for your feedback,
Clive