Display a "Welcome to Kubuntu" on first boot

Clay Weber clay at claydoh.com
Thu Nov 10 03:10:07 UTC 2016

On Thursday, November 10, 2016 2:00:48 AM EST Clive Johnston wrote:
> There was some discussion at the end of Yakkety Yak, about maybe following
> the lead of Linux Mint and having a welcome screen on first run which would
> act as a signpost to resources and places to get help or how to
> contribute.  I personally like this idea and decided to look into it.
>
> I grabbing the code and hacked a bit to basically make it more Kubuntu
> branded and pointing to our resources.  So this is were I am up to.
>
> https://s16.postimg.org/jngn4afb9/Kubuntu_Welcome.png
>
> What do you guys think? Do you like the idea?
>
> Clive

Kubuntu has historically refrained from having these pop up and first-run
items, and I do not see a reason to change from this policy.

However, having content that appears in the default Folder View plasma widget
would be a perfect place for this.

If this sort of item is ever to be added, then really is should be written in
qml :)

--
Clay Weber