Feature Idea - Tool Centre

Rick Timmis rick-timmis at kubuntu.org
Sat Dec 24 13:30:40 UTC 2016

Hi Friends

I'll keep this brief. Years ago Red Hat offered a set of installation
options to setup different environments. I think it would be cool to do
the same.

Using a Mint Style Welcome Screen ( Some work already done on this )
we'd provide a "Tool Center" feature.

In this centre would be installation scripts for different setups. For
example

Video Editing - Installs KDEnlive, Krita, DVD Tools etc...

Web Developer - Installs Kdevelop, PHP Plugins, Xdebug, KlinkChecker, etc...

In addition we would ask the community to provide installer scripts (
Basically apt-get lists )

Just an idea...

Rick

--

IRC : sick_rimmit
WEB : https://www.ricktimmis.com

Pub   2048R/3CCAE49E 2016-10-10 [expires: 2017-01-08]
      Key fingerprint = 0603 2C24 D3C6 505B A96E  A3E8 A6AF 8844 3CCA E49E