Plasma 5.8 & apps/FW backports - proposal to release this weekend

Rik Mills rikmills at kubuntu.org
Thu Dec 15 18:28:37 UTC 2016

We now have some useful testing feedback via mint KDE users

See the comments in this link: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3175

plus of course out own testing, which has likewise not shown any easily
confirmed showstoppers.

We are always going to have bugs and potential bugfixes to apply in any
software we release to users, but from my point of view there is nothing
critical there, which I can confirm, which would mean delaying pushing
the backports to the main backports ppa beyond this weekend.

The xenial phone overlay ppa has fixes from Qt 5.6.2 backported to 5.6.1
that we can quite easily copy over as bugfix updates for the backports
ppa should any of these impact users. However, at the moment it seems a
good plan to go with what we have and have been testing, and only cherry
pick such updates if/when it becomes evident they are needed.

So I would like to propose that unless there are any objections that I,
or whoever is able, do a 'kopy' over to backports of what we have for
Xenial and Yakkety on Friday evening UTC (16th Dec).

Regards

Rik