[Merge] ~panfaust/kubuntu-packaging/+git/kde4libs:gcc6-2 into ~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/+git/kde4libs:kubuntu_yakkety_archive

Jose Manuel Santamaria Lema panfaust at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 11:40:49 UTC 2016

Jose Manuel Santamaria Lema has proposed merging ~panfaust/kubuntu-packaging/+git/kde4libs:gcc6-2 into ~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/+git/kde4libs:kubuntu_yakkety_archive.

Requested reviews:
  Kubuntu Packagers (kubuntu-packagers)

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~panfaust/kubuntu-packaging/+git/kde4libs/+merge/303245

This merge request contains 3 commits related to the same issue.

The first one is applying this very important patch:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2016-August/009670.html

For the record I haven't seen any linkage problem (yet). However this patch must be applied ASAP because it affects the visibility of the symbols, see below.

Beacause of the bug solved by the patch mentioned above some symbols were wrongly exported, that, unfortunately, invalidated last Rik's symbols updating. So I had to revert that symbols updating and that's the second commit of this merge request.

The third commit is a proper symbols updating *after* the patch was applied.

I think with these 3 commits we will finally get a proper kdelibs with gcc6, let me know if I missed something.
--
The attached diff has been truncated due to its size.
Your team Kubuntu Packagers is requested to review the proposed merge of ~panfaust/kubuntu-packaging/+git/kde4libs:gcc6-2 into ~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/+git/kde4libs:kubuntu_yakkety_archive.