[Merge] ~panfaust/kubuntu-packaging/+git/libksane:work into ~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/+git/libksane:kubuntu_yakkety_archive

Jose Manuel Santamaria Lema panfaust at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 00:18:25 UTC 2016

Jose Manuel Santamaria Lema has proposed merging ~panfaust/kubuntu-packaging/+git/libksane:work into ~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/+git/libksane:kubuntu_yakkety_archive.

Requested reviews:
  Kubuntu Packagers (kubuntu-packagers)

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~panfaust/kubuntu-packaging/+git/libksane/+merge/302979

This merge request contains 2 commits, the first one corrects a problem similar to this one:
https://code.launchpad.net/~panfaust/kubuntu-packaging/+git/libkipi/+merge/302962

Here in libksane are the misplaced files are
usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/*

So in addition to the problems already mentioned in the libpiki merge request (violates a 'must' policy, contradicts the lib packaging guide, makes the upgrades unneccesarily difficult), here in libksane also the misplaced files can break the multiarch installation because the files have the same name for any architecture so libkf5ksane5 couldn't be installed, for instance, for both amd64 and i386 in the same system.

So I moved the files in question to a libkf5ksane-data package. That's the name of the package in debian's git master. In xenial there is already 'libksane-data', version '4:15.08.2-0ubuntu1' (note the epoch in the version) so I also made a dummy transitional package so the package managers will find more easily a solution for xenial->yakkety dist-upgrades, avoiding situations like this one:

root at xdu-up-test:/home/santa# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
[snip]
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
  gir1.2-packagekitglib-1.0 python3-aptdaemon skanlite
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.

The change I made in the first commit in the debian/rules file is to add the epoch to the libksane-data dummy package and ONLY to that package; this way we don't have to add an epoch to the other packages so once yakkety is released we could remove both this change in the rules file and the dummy transitional package.

The change I made in the second commit is just removing the exclusion of 'kde-runtime' when calling dh_shlibdeps, this exclusion was there to avoid undesired dependencies when libksane was still based on kdelibs 4; note that the libkdecore5 symbols file from kde4libs injects a dependency on kde-runtime. So now that libksane is based on KDE Frameworks that exclusion is no longer needed.
--
Your team Kubuntu Packagers is requested to review the proposed merge of ~panfaust/kubuntu-packaging/+git/libksane:work into ~kubuntu-packagers/kubuntu-packaging/+git/libksane:kubuntu_yakkety_archive.