Please all favors indicate if LTS and support length

Clive Johnston clivejo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:53:44 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Given that Philip and Scarlett are the current release managers and understand
the release better than anyone, my vote is with them. If it even counts for
anything!

Maybe its because I have been more involved with this release, but it does
feel like there have been some major changes allowed in at the last minute.
The whole libc6 and MySQL 5.7 transitions being uploaded so close to release
is extremely worrying for me.

Maybe my understanding is still very weak, but if our packages had to be
rebuild for any reason, using libc6 we would be swamped with FTBFS.  At the
moment we just don't have the person power to maintain it, in my opinion.

At this point we need to focus on building up a strong team, not only for
future releases but to maintain older releases and our users who still rely on
them.  I also know that Philip would not make this decision lightly and will
have put a lot of thought into it. So +1 for 3 years.

Clive