Muon?

Clive Johnston clivejo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 21:21:04 UTC 2016

Hi all,

The version in the xenial archive does not work as it requires libmuon which
cant be installed.  This renders it totally useless without hacking stuff
together.

The current snapshot of Muon from KDE git needs a current snapshot of libqapt
in order to run properly.  The reason for this is because the last commit
introduces a mechanism to detect cache reloading and emits a signal when that
happens.  Basically these two pieces of software need each other to function
correctly (sender/receiver model) Muon will crash without the updated libqapt.

https://quickgit.kde.org/?
p=libqapt.git&a=commit&h=e63d3239a7846eb968151ebdd4f12e0921e0f13a

I packaged both libqapt & muon and have been using them for a few weeks now
with no problems. Several other people have also tested it.  I opened a FFE
request to try and get it into Xenial

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/muon/+bug/1562406

However, no-one from the release team has acknowledged my request.  I even
asked mhall to look into it for us, but still nothing.  The problem is that we
need to upload both libqapt and muon together for this to work, and I cant
find anyone to sponsor me to do that.

Rick and I were working on cleaning up the packaging for release and I noticed
mhall asking for help in the release channel only to be totally ignored, so
I'm afraid to say I let frustration and pure ill temper win and I washed my
hands of it all.

I pushed some of the packaging to the kubuntu_unstable branches in Debian, but
they still need minor work (changelog synced with archive and muon build deps
cleaned up).

Clive