natives with translation on kde infrastructure

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Tue Sep 22 14:26:16 UTC 2015

Jon recently got the majority of our native packages moved to
git.kde.org which unfortunately means that building sources from them
is a bit tricky as we need to get translations somehow.

To get that resolved I wrote tiny wrapper tech around the plasma
release script releaseme [1] to reuse it's l10n lib to get
translations into the working directory.
It depends on rake (which depends on ruby). And having the kde: alias
defined for git.

This is automatically downloaded and run [2] when doing
dpkg-buildpackage -S inside a git clone of the relevant repositories.
Do note that this however mangles the CMakeLists.txt AND drops a po
directory along with a releaseme clone into the working directory. So
before running the buildpackage you want to commit all things and
afterwards run `git clean -fd` to get a clean clone again.
In particular DO NOT commit the po directory.

(random note: the temporary garbage created by the rake target is
blacklisted from being included in the source tarball created by
dpkg-source)

[1] https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fsitter%2Fkubuntu-rake.git&a=blob&h=2f276ebad8e1de756103ece8d4dc9ef43c73a4b3&hb=bbc23071ecd2eb402950f87c7016b6fd28791ca5&f=Rakefile
[2] https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kubuntu-debug-installer.git&a=blob&h=471838f66be850b30e064fc7e4258bb070db3510&hb=e73690dd12b389a3d1ce8377a714d44d0cbf33be&f=debian%2Frules