Add Muon-Discover to the favorites menu

Michael Devendra Lutynski michael.lutynski at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 07:42:58 UTC 2015

I realize this thread is old, but Muon Discover used to be located in the
Kickoff menu in the "Computer" tab. Now I see it's gone in the move to KF5
and Plasma 2.

Am I the only one to think that Muon Discover should be back under the
Computer tab? Along with "Run command" and "System Settings"? The favorites
is a good place, I agree, yet a reliable, easy-to-describe location is
valuable too.

I give support to non-technical Kubuntu users and to be able to say, "look
under the Computer tab for 'software center'" makes my job a lot easier :)

~Michael

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 11:38 AM, James Cain <james.cain.25 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 3:11 AM, Mustafa Muhammad <mustafa1024m at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> For new users, it is not that obvious how to install packages, I suggest
>> adding Muon Discover to the favorites menu for the default installation.
>>
>> Regards
>>

> ​+1 for this. Otherwise it's potentially off to the forums whereby a new
> user can get overwhelmed with instantly-forced command line indoctrination.

~Michael Devendra Lutynski